Friday, March 31, 2006

My first post on my first blog. I'll steal an idea from my best friend, and go with 100 things to post about myself. Rumblings, ramblin's and my thoughts to come.

1. I am a wife and mother, it is a role that I love.
2. I have two daughters, age 8 and 13.
3. I might survive the teenage years.
4. My parents did, so my chances are good.
5. Why are 13 year olds so annoyingbut yet can be so delightful all in the same breath?
6. Cooking a meal for people I care about is an absolute joy.
7. My husband is the kindest person I know.
8. I wish I could be more like him.
9. My 6th grade teacher was one of the defining people in my life.
10. Sadly, it was for all of the wrong reasons.
11. You cannot believe everything a teacher says about you.
12. Fortunately, neither did my parents.
13. Church is an integral part of my life.
14. I am a Sunday school teacher
15. I smoked pot on a church camping trip.
16. I thought the girls on that camping trip would accept me, but they had their own issues.
17. My parents were more clued in than most during that time.
18. I give thanks for that.
19. Mothers truly do have eyes in the back of their heads.
20. I love to write.
21. I wish I kept a journal.
22. Where is the manual on parenting and how did I get left off of the subscriber list?
23. I live in the glorious suburbs.
24. I wish I had a king size bed.
25. My husband does not.
26. I love reruns of I Love Lucy.
27. I have a weight problem.
28. I have joined a gym and love every hateful minute of my time there.
29. I work as an instructional aide for a 6th grader with Down Syndrome.
30. My work leaves me totally fulfilled.
31. I love working with middle school aged children, better than raising them.
32. I love to entertain and have parties.
33. I suffer with panic/anxiety disorder.
34. I finally broke down and started taking medication. My sister made me.
35. Face your fear and do it anyway.
36. Spring is my favorite season.
37. I am an Episcopalian.
38. I love teaching Sunday school.
39. My husband and I met at church, 40 years ago.
40. I like poking around at garage sales.
42. I have one dog, German Shorthaired Pointer, Jake.
43. I have two cats who are annoying.
45. I love to cook on the grill.
46. I love to sing.
47. My very best friend I have had since 5th grade.
48. She is like a sister to me.
49. I have one sister and one brother.
50. I am the oldest.
51. I am the consumate worrier.
52. I wish I had become a teacher.
53. I got suspended for smoking in the 9th grade.
54. Sadly, I was the one caught with the cigarette-and had never taken a puff.
55. No better place to be, than at a Springsteen concert.
56. I do my best reflective thinking on the beach.
57. I have four nieces and one nephew
58. My nieces, 4 are all from China!
59. My sister and I went to London a few years back, loved it.
60. My nephew has Down Syndrome.
61. My nephew has taught me patience in many ways.
62. Like my dad, I love a martini.
63. I will sing "Over the Rainbow" for anyone who will listen.
64. I have a nice voice, I wish it was amazing.
65. We are strict parents.
66. I hope that we are doing the right thing in being strict parents.
67. My mom was strict, big time. My dad stayed the course with her.
68. I am glad that they were strict, did I say that??
69. I love making fried oysters on New Years Day.
70. I tell my girls that any boy they date, should treat them like their dad treats me.
71. If they don't, they are not worthy of her company.
72. I love to read.
73. I love gardening, roses especially.
74. I would like to meet Lucille Ball, Rosie O'Donnell and Bruce Springsteen.
75. My dad is a wonderful, magical man.
76. I love having a TV in my kitchen.
77. The Food TV Network is a huge favorite.
78. Raising a teenager is more difficult than I ever could have imagined.
79. However, the joyous moments spent with that same teenager, are treasured.
80. I love watching the Philadelphia Eagles play football.
81. I grew up having Sunday evening tea (after Sunday church, and dinner midday)
82. I would like to do the same more often in our family.
83. The best vacation ever for our family was in Disney this past summer.
84. The best vacation as a couple was in Cancun,Mexico in 2001 a surprise for my 40th birthday.
85. I am the only person I know who likes the smell of mulch--it's Spring!
86. Growing up, I loved spending summer vacations in Nova Scotia.
87. I have become and avid bird watcher, and love the songs they sing.
88. My sister is my ever present sounding board.
89. My Lenten commitment is to show more patience with my children.
90. My daughter, Jen and I are more alike than I can tolerate.
91. She is my toughest nut, and my kindred spirit.
92. I love grilled cheese and tomato soup.
93. My last meal on earth would be filet, lobster and sweet corn on the cob.
94. My mom would request a vegetable for that last meal--Caesar Salad.
95. I love watching American Idol and Survivor (quality TV only..) with my family.
96. I miss our home parish, (42 years) more than I can say.
97. I wish I was more of a night person.
98. Depression can be haunting.
99. I cry at parades, marching bands and the National Anthem.
100. I love doing cryptograms.

No comments: