Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I live in the northeast section of the US. It is May 30th and the temperature today, was 93 degrees, with 60 % humidity. That annoys me. If I WANTED to live in South Florida, I would have moved there. What happened to a ramp up period? What happened to upper 70s, mid 80's, then the July jump to the nasty 90s?? I work in a school, that heats up like a brick pizza oven with one notable exception. The brick pizza oven at the local pizza place, is not crammed with middle school boys and girls, who may or may not have discovered deodorant.

Our administration is moving into a local school building, and the kids in that school, will be farmed out to a brand spanking new building (which teachers are already complaining about for various and sundry reasons). You can be damn sure, that they will have air conditioning slapped into that old school building faster than poop through a goose. That also annoys me.

I work in a classroom where there are students with special needs: ADD, PDD, Down Syndrome to name a few. Focusing is an issue for these students. You'd think they could put one stinkin' AC unit in the window to improve the environment in which these children are learning every day. Instead, it is, "I'll have mine half mushroom, half pepperoni." It is easy for me to bitch now. I sit in my relatively new (to us) house, with, for the first time, central air. I will never, ever, ever take it for granted. Yahoooo!!

No comments: